Only for Admin

Paragraph on : "Digital Bangladesh and " My First Day at College"

Digital Bangladesh: Our long-cherished vision

 ―Digital Bangladesh‖ means an ICT based modern country where there will be adequate power supply, well-networked infrastructure, use of internet, use of open-source software, e-banking, e-commerce and egovernance. Of late, the phrase ―Digital Bangladesh‖ has been much talked about. On the eve of the election, Bangladesh Awami League, first declared vision 2021 with the aim to turn Bangladesh into a digital country by the next decade. However, it refers to an e-state where all its activities of governance, commerce, education, agriculture etc will be powered by computer and internet. To cherish such a dream is easy, but it is too much difficult to materialize this dream. Land phone, mobile, computer, laptop, emagazine and diary, e-book reader and many more tools of information technology will be available in every nook and corner of the country. People will no more have to stand in queue to collect tickets, results etc or to deposit and withdraw money or to buy and sell things. Broadly speaking, a digital society ensures an ICT driven knowledge-based society where information will be readily available online and where all possible tasks of the government, semi-government and also private spheres will be processed using the modern technology. So, ―Digital Bangladesh‖ must guarantee efficient and effective use of modern ICT in all spheres of the society with a view to establishing good governance. For materializing the plan, we need to ensure power sufficiency, better network infrastructure, proper use of internet, use of open source software, high English literacy rate, use of modern technology in agriculture, e-learning and e-commerce etc. Time has come for Bangladesh to develop her information technology and to turn her ―Digital Bangladesh‖. We need to bear in mind that to be away from enriched information technology means to live like a frog living in a well. We should look at the advanced countries of the world so that we can get modern ways and strategies from them to bring about a revolution for our ICT based society. Like Mahathir Muhammad‘s Malaysia, we have to have our all-out efforts to materialise our desired Vision2021 for our betterment and own existence.


My First Day at College: A memorable event
 In my life, some happenings have remained vivid in my memory. My first day at college is one of them and it has occupied an abiding place in the core of my heart. It was August 05, 1991. That day I had my bath and breakfast earlier. I put on my new cloths and went out for the college at 9 AM, with my parents‘ blessings. When the college building came into my view, my heart leapt up with pleasure. The large building, though I saw it before, appeared new to me. I felt freer, experienced boundless joy and thought myself in a new world. I went to the notice board and took down the routine. The bell rang. It was 10 AM. According to the routine, I entered a room numbered four. After a few moments, a gentleman entered. We all stood up and honoured him. He was the professor of English. When we sat down, he called over the rolls. His speech was mainly on our responsibility as college students. Then I attended Bangla and Computer classes. In the interval, I with one of my new classmates walked round the different blocks of the college building. I went to the student‘s common room. I noticed many differences between my school and college. In my school, all classes held in a row but in college there are intervals between classes. Moreover, teachers in college are very experienced. In my college, there are a huge library and a large common room, which are different from my school ones. I liked the teachers and the library most. I left the college. I returned home with a happy heart, a broad outlook and rich insight and experience. 
Paragraph (Victory Day, A Dictionary)

Post a Comment

3 Comments